Don't Let an unexpected Flood Damage cause Havoc during any Holiday!
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting the saturated area
- Wipe furniture to remove excess water
- Place aluminum foil around furniture legs to shield from wet carpet/flooring
- Lift drapes off flooring, loop through coat hanger and hang on curtain rod
- Remove wet area rugs
- Move valuable paintings, art objects and photos to a safe, dry place
- Open closet doors, furniture drawers and luggage to aid in drying
- Remove any wet fabrics and dry immediately
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperatur
THINGS NOT TO DO:
- Do NOT use your household vacuum to remove the excess water
- Do NOT use electrical appliances while standing on wet floor or carpet
- Do NOT enter ANY room where the ceiling is sagging from trapped water
- Do NOT wait to call for professional help.
The longer you wait the more damage will occur, and the more likely your flood will turn into a mold job!
Check out some helpful ways to prevent toilet backflow in your home with some tips from Flood Bud.
"You got a Flood, I'm your Bud!"